UNISA Short Course in Retirement Fund Management for Trustees
University of South Africa Short Course in Retirement Fund Management for Trustees
This course was designed to equip individuals who act as pension fund trustees, and stakeholders of pensions funds with some of the necessary knowledge to fulfil their duties as retirement fund trustees.
Individuals who enrol for this course would typically be active in the retirement fund industry or would be a stakeholder of a retirement fund.
NQF level 4 Qualification and higher or NQF level 3 with at least two years industry related work experience.
This programme will be presented in line with the Unisa open and distance education framework and will follow an online approach. Students will receive comprehensive tutorial letters supported by a prescribed textbook which they have to purchase. Students will also have access to the myUnisa platform to enable them to successfully complete the programme.
- Minimum of one compulsory individual assignment or report which will contribute to the year mark
- the year mark will contribute 20% to the student’s final mark
- a two-hour venue-based written examination will be completed by each student individually
- students will need a final mark of 50% to pass and 75% to pass with distinction
the written examination will contribute 80% to the student’s final mark
- The purpose of retirement funds
- The principles of financial statements and investments
- Investment performance surveys
- Retirement fund documents
- Fund stakeholders
- The role, responsibilities and duties of a trustee
- Tax implications
Mr CF Erasmus
Discipline expertise: Finance, Investments, Risk management and Insurance
Office 5-104, AJH vd Walt Building, UNISA
Tel: +27 (0) 12 429 4949
Fax: +27 (0) 86 754 9215
The Centre of Business Management
Tel: (012) 352 4170 / 4383
Fax to email: 086 2254796